October 10, 2017 Meeting Agenda and Minutes

 

  • Acceptance of Minutes- Minutes accepted
  • Treasurer Report (Rich J): no report today, bank was closed. Rich could not get updated statement, working on getting online banking. Rich would like permission from board to set this up. Board has granted permission.
  • Update on what has been paid for and what is remaining (Ice Time, etc)-Need to pay dues, waiting to hear from NESHL
  • NESHL/USA Hockey  updates (Jake/Rich Q.)
    • Voted in-Rich Q and Jake L went to meeting last week. We are in. 5 able bodies on a roster and 3 can dress for a game. Our waiver was approved. We can have an able bodied goalie. Next year, no waivers! We have 4 able bodies on the team. Our roster is awaiting approval.
    • Preparation for game (Forms, etc.)-Everyone needs to sign code of conduct before Amelia Park
    • Rules-We need to bring up red shirts at the board meeting, so that players aren’t getting hit. We  need to know protocol and so do the refs. We need to know criteria for hitting  the pusher. The rule is a pusher can’t go faster than the faster player on team. Refs need to know. We talked about new changes to NESHL rules (icing, etc.) Rich Quelch will post new rules on website.
    • Tournament in Exeter- top 2 B teams from Atlantic, 1 B team from Metropolitan, and 2 A teams. All teams will go and will play teams matched to their skills. The purpose is to make sure teams are in the correct league.
    • Waivers- see above
  • Discussion around practice times (Rich J.)-Waterbury practice this year is too late. This occurred because we wanted to split our times between Montpelier and Waterbury. Rich J says that there are open ice times and better times. We would lose consistency, but it would be earlier. Troy will go back to Waterbury and get the better times. We will have to post each Thursday times of  Saturday practice. We should consider BOR and Stowe for getting more ice time. We only have practices schedule thru the end of December.
  • Web Page Updates (Rich Q.)-Rich is posting upcoming games and practices and deleting practices that have already occurred. Rich is looking into integrating it with FB. Got rid of blog page.
  • Jersey’s (Rich Q.)-Rich will have extra jerseys with numbers before next game. May not have Caleb’s before first game. We are charging people $50 to for their jerseys. Thought for future get a sponsor to pay for jerseys and get organization logo on it. This is a future board discussion. Everyone needs socks before tournament Give to Caleb, Tyler, and Mark at next practice.
  • Travel update (Troy)-First game on 10-21-17. We have to be there by 11:00 so have to leave by  leave by 7:30. Be at Lavigne’s by 7:00. Get breakfast sandwiches at Maplewood’s. Figure out where to meet Caleb along the way. Get a hold of VT adaptive to secure the van. Troy is doing it right now. Van fits 10. We also need the equipment trailer. Cheryl or Troy will will drive the trailer. Time of games 12:30 and 2:00. Make a 4:00 reservation at Whip City Grill. Home by 9:00! Cheryl will call Whip City. Troy will post everything on FB. Troy will coordinate with Caleb.
  • Fundraising update (Troy)-We raised $350 at the Siptember Fest.
  • Any update on States?-There is a VASHA meeting tomorrow. We will know more then.
  • October 22 High Fives Demo from 10-1 in Montpelier. We will invite Kelly Brush to this event. Rich J is going to ask her. It’s a learn to skate event for people to try it.  Troy is going to work on getting media there. Johnny has connections with Times Argus and Seven Days.
  • Captain and 2 assistants will be voted upon at this Saturday’s practice.